Researchers, antibody and assay developers, and IHC Labs often find it very difficult to find a reliable and verified source of positive/negative controls for their IHC experiments especially when they are developing new IHC protocols for novel targets whose expression pattern is not known or screening for new antibodies whose staining characteristics in IHC is not known.
Cytosections offer a verified, reproducible and renewable source of positive/negative controls where the expression of the target biomarker is confirmed for accuracy & specificity by an immunoassay.
- FFPE sections of cell pellets over-expressing targeted biomarkers
- Expression of target biomarker verified for accuracy and specificity by western blot
- Both positive (cell transfected with the target protein) and negative (mock transfected cells) control are available for all targets genome wide
- All proteins tagged at the c-terminal with myc-DDK
- Available for genome wide targets for both human & mouse
- Custom option available: pellet composition, density
How CytoSections are made?
- Routine control for all IHC protocols, run alongside your samples
- Monitor the performance of your IHC workflows with independent control, identity and control inter and intra operator variability in your IHC protocols
- Screen & set standards for sensitivity and specificity of your antibodies across different lots
- A common standard and reference point for multi-center clinical trials
- Develop custom multiplex assays for sensitivity and specificity
We provide the slides unbaked. We recommend that you bake the control slides(s) according to your standard laboratory operating protocol. Baking control slides in your lab will generate uniform staining across experiments and prevent inherent variables from equipment, technology, and protocols that vary from lab to lab.
CytoSections are not guaranteed for other markers that may or may not be represented on the control tissue slide. Antibody screens or stains are only meant to be used for research use only. Final decision on antibody screen or staining of tissue should be based on stain, or antibody manufacturer data sheets and input from a pathologist.
For Cytoblocks of any CytoSection, please contact Sales at email@example.com or call 1-888-267-4436 (US only)
Negative controls for CytoSections
|TC400001||HEK293 cell untransfected negative control cell pellet, unstained sections||4 weeks|
|TC400003||Transient Overexpression Lysate of Myc-DDK-tGFP in HEK293 cells paraffin embedded in sections, negative control for ICC/IHC staining, 5 slides per pack||4 weeks|