Lentiviral system for efficient DNA delivery (Lenti shRNA & LentiORF)
What is Lentivirus and why use lentivirus to deliver DNA?
Lentiviral vectors as gene delivery tool are modified from HIV-1, with most of the viral genes removed. The lentiviral vector only contain the LTRs and
the packaging signal, Ψ. Lentiviral packaging genes are provided on separate plasmids, so the pseudo lentiviral particles are replication deficient.
- Broad cell spectrum: Lentivirus infect most cells, dividing & non-dividing, easy-to-transfect & hard-to-transfect cells.
- High transduction efficiency.
- Convenience: Minimal need for optimization.
- Safety: 3rd generation system with improved biosafety.
- Legally licensed vendor for lenti products.
Lentiviral System Resources