Purified Cas9 mRNA, Capped and polyA-tailed
CRISPR/Cas9 allows researchers to edit the genome efficiently. For different cells
and applications, different formats of CRISPR tools can be used, CRISPR/Cas9 vectors,
Cas9 protein and Cas9 mRNA.
||Purified Cas9 mRNA (Streptococcus Pyogenes), capped and polyA-tailed, 20 ug
Why use Cas9 mRNA for genome editing?
- No need for transcription, avoiding incompatibility between promoter and cell line
- DNA free, avoiding unwanted DNA integration into the host genome
- Less off-targeting
- High transfection with Viromer mRNA
Cas9 mRNA Applications:
- Gene knockout via indels - without donor DNA
- Knockin mutations - long oligos as donor DNA
- Gene tagging - with donor DNA
- Precise gene knockout -with donor DNA containing homologous arms
Functional Cas9 mRNA in Cells
Cas9 mRNA with or without sgRNA were transfected into HEK 293T cells using Viromer mRNA. After 48 hrs, cells were harvested
and genome editing was measured using T7E1 assay.