CD95 (FAS) Mouse Monoclonal Antibody [Clone ID: UB2]
CD95 (FAS) mouse monoclonal antibody, clone UB2, FITC
|Recommended Dilution||Flow cytometry: 20 μl (ready for use).
For details see protocol below.
|Immunogen||Recombinant human Fas|
|Specificity||This antibody recognizes the human Fas antigen specifically. Clone UB2 does not recognize the mouse Fas antigen.|
State: Liquid Ig fraction
Stabilizer: 1% BSA
|Purification||Protein A agarose|
|Storage||Store at 2-8 °C.|
|Stability||Shelf life: one year from despatch.|
|Background||It is now widely accepted that apoptosis plays an important role in the selection of immature thymocytes and Ag-primed peripheral T cells. Fas antigen is a cell-surface protein that mediates apoptosis. It is expressed in various tissues including the thymus and has structural homology with a number of cell-surface receptors, includin g tumor necrosis factor receptor and nerve growth factor receptor.|
|Synonyms||FASLG receptor, Apo-1 antigen, APT1, FAS1, TNFRSF6|
|Note||This product was originally produced by MBL International.
Protocol: Flow cytometric analysis for floating cells
We usually use Fisher tubes or equivalents as reaction tubes for all steps described below.
1) Wash the cells 3 times with washing buffer [PBS containing 2% fetal calf serum (FCS) and 0.1% NaN 3].
2) Resuspend the cells with washing buffer (5 x 10 6 cells/mL).
3) Add 50 μ L of the cell suspension into each tube, and centrifuge at 500 x g for 1 minute at room temperature (20~25 o C). Remove supernatant by careful aspiration.
4) Add 20 μ L of Clear Back (human Fc receptor blocking reagent) to the cell pellet after tapping. Mix well and incubate for 5 minutes at room temperature.
5) Add 20 μ L of FITC labeled anti-Fas monoclonal antibody (UB2). Mix well and incubate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
6) Add 1 mL of the washing buffer followed by centrifugation at 500 x g for 1 minute at room temperature. Remove supernatant by careful aspiration.
7) Resuspend the cells with 500 μ L of the washing buffer and analyze by a flow cytometer.
(Positive control for Flow cytometry; transfectant)
*Delivery time may vary from web posted schedule. Occasional delays may occur due to unforeseen complexities in the preparation of your product. International customers may expect an additional 1-2 weeks in shipping.