OriGene Antibodies in recent publications
Novel HIF2A mutations disrupt oxygen sensing, leading to polycythemia, paragangliomas, and somatostatinomas Blood, Mar 2013; 121: 2563 - 2566.
Regulation of the PI3-K/Akt Survival Pathway in the Rat Endometrium Biol Reprod, Mar 2013; 88: 79.
RNA elements directing in vivo assembly of the 7SK/MePCE/Larp7 transcriptional regulatory snRNP Nucleic Acids Res., Mar 2013; 10.1093/nar/gkt159.
Ruxolitinib as potential targeted therapy for patients with JAK2 rearrangements Haematologica, Mar 2013; 98: 404 - 408.
|View All Citations >>||
Home Gene of the month HES1|
HES1 – Transcriptional Regulator
HES1, hairy and enhancer of split 1, belongs to the basic helix-loop-helix family of transcription factors. It is a transcriptional repressor of genes that require a bHLH protein for their transcription. HES1 is a key developmental gene that is overexpressed in certain cancers and is a primary target of Notch signaling. Notch and hedgehog pathways, which are frequently upregulated in tumors, lead to elevated HES1 levels. Studies of HES1 would lead to better understanding of the relationship between quiescent and cancer cells.
OriGene offers various antibodies against HES1:
- TA500114 has been validated extensively with IHC staining
|IHC staining of paraffin-embedded endometrium using anti-HES1
OriGene products of HES1:
- ORF clones of human HES1 untagged or tagged with Myc-DDK/GFP
- shRNA and siRNA to knockdown HES1 expression
- HES1 protein purified from human cell line
- L.Sang, et. al. Hijacking HES1: how tumors co-opt the anti-differentiation strategies of quiescent cells. Trends Mol Med. (2010) Jan;16(1):17-26.
View all HES1 products offering from OriGene >>